Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Garnet Hill Loop

I have to admit, I've been a little lax with my hiking.  Not having a car isn't the worst thing in the world, but being lazy on my days off and making excuses probably is.  So, I decided to make a plan.

At the beginning of the season I went up to the Mammoth Employee Pub with a Xanterra manager and we met the only person under 50 working at the mammoth gas station.  Seemed like a cool dude and he had the same days off as I did.  And now nearly two months after the fact I finally called him up and asked if he wanted to do a hike.

Blaise and I set out around 9:30 to do a roughly 8 mile hike called Garnet Hill.  Since we parked at the station and walked, it really was about 10 miles of hoofing it.  It was a super beautiful hike, through a small wooded area, overlooking the Yellowstone River, and then back over sagebrush hills.

Disclaimer about my photos: I'm currently outside with a glare on my laptop, so I'm not sure how they actually turned out.

(will add pics soon!)
 ALWAYS carry bear spray!

 calm little creek




 Overlook, great views!
 Yellowstone River
From the backside of the hill


No comments:

Post a Comment