Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Garnet Hill Loop

I have to admit, I've been a little lax with my hiking.  Not having a car isn't the worst thing in the world, but being lazy on my days off and making excuses probably is.  So, I decided to make a plan.

At the beginning of the season I went up to the Mammoth Employee Pub with a Xanterra manager and we met the only person under 50 working at the mammoth gas station.  Seemed like a cool dude and he had the same days off as I did.  And now nearly two months after the fact I finally called him up and asked if he wanted to do a hike.

Blaise and I set out around 9:30 to do a roughly 8 mile hike called Garnet Hill.  Since we parked at the station and walked, it really was about 10 miles of hoofing it.  It was a super beautiful hike, through a small wooded area, overlooking the Yellowstone River, and then back over sagebrush hills.

Disclaimer about my photos: I'm currently outside with a glare on my laptop, so I'm not sure how they actually turned out.

(will add pics soon!)


No comments:

Post a Comment