Thursday, May 5, 2011

more veggie pasta experiments

I needed another quick lunch today, so I decided to go a more italian route.

I once again boiled a small amount of wheat linguine. I then seasoned a frying pan with olive oil, minced garlic and crushed red pepper. I opened a bag of frozen italian style veggies into the pan. After about a minute I added some thyme, basil and oregano. I tossed the veggies in that and then added about a teaspoon of honey, tossed the veggies some more then added a little italian dressing, tossed again. As I was waiting for the veggies to cook all the way through I opened my fridge and thought about what else I could add. I had some blackberries and raspberries that were about to spoil if I didn't use them soon, so I thought 'what the heck... I'll try it'. I put in a handful of the berries, stirred them about the mix a little then tossed the mix. The finished result was very tasty. The sweetness of the honey, dressing and fruit complemented the seasoning well. This was just a bunch of stuff from my kitchen thrown together off the cuff though. Now that I've tried them together, I think next time I'll make a glaze with the honey/dressing/fruit mix... possibly add some fruit jelly (apricot, orange marmalade) into the glaze.



The pic is a bit blurry, but you get the idea. You can see the seasoning and the berries all up in there. YUM!

1 comment: