Monday, November 22, 2010

Speechless



You know, I actually had a good day at work today. I was a little slow on the getting ready, but I still got there and was clocked in on time. Today I didn't fret about the schedule or breaks or whether or not I would get all the boxes done. I must have been subconsciously saving it up.

The above picture is of my friend, Kerry Lynn Friesen. I met Kerry Lynn this summer by a cosmic blast of colliding friends. Not even kidding. I could try to explain but then you'd all be thinking about Kevin Bacon. (What with the degrees of separation and all.)

After work I headed over to my parent's shop to pick up some thanksgiving stuff from my mom. She was pretty busy, as it is monday and most barbers take monday off. (It's a barber supply store.) Since she was busy I decided to fool around on the internet... you know... check facebook. I noticed something was up with my feed. Nearly everyone I knew had posted on Kerry Lynn's wall. Stuff like "I love you" and "You are a light" and "I remember when". I texted her best friend...

Last night one of the most amazing women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing (and I don't use that lightly) took her own life.

Now I don't know what to feel. I only knew her a short time, but in that short time we definitely had some history making moments, talks, laughs. She is the only person I have EVER known personally to d i e this way. I feel like I'm out of myself when I say it. Like it didn't happen.

I'm not part of the inner circle, but I did love her. She handled every situation she was ever thrown in with grace and poise. She was a beautiful asset to our ugly city of selfish people. She shone with true brightness through it all.

Kerry Lynn, I love you. I miss you. Rest peacefully.
LQM

No comments:

Post a Comment